Facebook is great for discovering events — from local happenings to virtual learning opportunities, networking plans, and more. But when your schedule gets full, it can be hard to keep things straight, and easy to forget everything you’ve committed to. Being able to add Facebook events to your Google Calendar helps keep your work and personal life organized, so you don’t miss out on anything!
However, if you’ve tried to figure out how to add your Facebook events to Google Calendar recently, you may have encountered instructions that just don’t work. Facebook updates their platform frequently, and many online instructions are out of date. Luckily, you’ve come to the right place. Our step-by-step instructions are up to date and will easily add your Facebook events (one at a time, or multiple events) to your Google Calendar!
Directions for adding a Facebook event to Google Calendar
You’ll need to use an internet browser in order to add events from Facebook to your Google Calendar, these steps won’t work in the iOS or Android app. However, you can follow these steps with the internet browser on your cell phone as well as your desktop.
- First, open the internet browser of your choice and search for Facebook.com. Then, log in to your account.
- Once you’ve signed in to your Facebook account, locate the ‘Events’ tab in the left-hand bar on your account
3. You’ll then see a list of ‘Upcoming Events’ on the left-hand side. This will display the events you’ve RSVP’d ‘Going’ or ‘Interested’ to. If you haven’t already responded to the event, you’ll need to do that first.
4. Click on the event you’d like to add to your Google Calendar
5. On the event’s page, you’ll see three dots located on the right-hand side. Clicking on those dots will display a drop-down menu. Select ‘Export Event’ from the drop-down.
6. A pop-up will then display, with a few different options. Select ‘Add to Calendar’ and a .ics file will download to your computer.
7. Now, log in to your Google account, and open your Google Calendar.
8. Click on the gear icon to access ‘Settings’ in the upper right corner, then click ‘Import & Export’ from the options on the left-hand sidebar, and ‘Import’ from the drop-down menu you’ll see.
9. Click on ‘Select file from your computer’ and select the .ics file you downloaded from Facebook. Click the ‘Import’ button to upload the file to your Google Calendar. Once your file is uploaded, you’ll see a pop-up confirming it was successfully imported.
10. Exit settings and go back to your main calendar. Navigate to the date of the event you’ve added. It should now show up on your calendar with the accurate details, and a link to the Facebook event.
11. Make any changes you’d like to the event on your Google Calendar, such as adding guests, changing your notification settings, and more!
Add multiple Facebook events to your Google Calendar
Want to add all the events you’ve RSVP’d to, instead of adding events to your calendar one at a time?
- Log in to Facebook on the internet browser of your choosing. Click on your ‘Events’ tab on the left side, and make sure you’ve RSVP’d to all the events you’d like to add to your Google Calendar (see steps 1-4 above for more details).
- Under ‘Upcoming Events’ you’ll see an option to ‘See All’ — click the ‘See All’ link.
3. This will bring up a new page, showing all the events you have RSVP’d to. Click the ‘Add to Calendar’ button in the upper right-hand corner. This will automatically download a .ics file.
4. Now, log in to your Google account, and open your Google Calendar.Click on the gear icon to access ‘Settings’ in the upper right corner, then click ‘Import & Export’ from the options on the left-hand sidebar, and ‘Import’ from the drop-down menu you’ll see.
5. Click on ‘Select file from your computer’ and select the .ics file for multiple events that you just downloaded from Facebook.
6. Click the ‘Import’ button to upload the file you’ve selected. Once your file is uploaded, you’ll see a pop-up confirming it was successfully imported.
7. Exit settings and go back to your main calendar. Navigate to the dates of the events you’ve added. They should now all show up on your calendar with the accurate details! Now that they’re added to your Google Calendar feel free to make any changes to the events.
Using these steps to add Facebook events to your calendar can make it easier to stay organized so you don’t miss out on fun events. But, when you have so many plans on your calendar it can become a challenge to find time for other important meetings. If the back-and-forth communication it takes to set up a team gathering takes longer than the meeting itself, we can help. With Skedgit, you don’t need to worry about sending links or comparing shared calendars. Let us show you how it works by scheduling your next 100 meetings.