Having easy access to your calendar helps keep life organized, especially when you’re busy. Make sure you don’t miss meetings, deadlines, or appointments by displaying your calendar on your desktop with these easy steps, for both Mac and Windows.
Opening Google Calendar In An Internet Browser
To access your Google Calendar in internet browsers such as Google Chrome, Bing, Firefox, and more, follow the steps below.
- Visit the website: https://www.google.com/calendar
- Select the Google account you’d like to view the calendar for
- Once you’ve signed in, the Google Calendar will display in the internet browser
- Now that your Google Calendar is displayed, make sure you edit the settings to fit your needs:
- Show a full week, month, 4 days, or one day at a time by changing the time shown in the drop-down located in the upper right-hand corner
- Change the colors of your displayed events, reminders, and tasks — if you like
- Change the time zone, notifications, and viewing options by clicking the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner, then clicking ‘Settings’
Adding a Google Calendar App to your Desktop
You likely have the Google Calendar app on your smartphone (if you don’t, you can download it from the Apple or Google Play store!), but what about on your desktop? Adding a Google Calendar app to your computer means having easy access to open the calendar on your desktop anytime you need it while working.
Use the Calendar App on Windows Computers
- Windows computers have a default calendar that allows you to connect a Google account, do connect your account, start by clicking the Windows start on the bottom left of your desktop, then click on the windows calendar application
- Click the gear icon on the low left to edit the settings button
- Select ‘manage accounts’ in the bar that appears
- Click ‘add account’ and in the pop-up that appears, select Google
- Sign in to the Google account that you want to appear on your desktop
- When your Google account is connected, you’ll see a message that confirms you’re all set
- Click ‘done’ and you’re all set!
Get Google Calendar using the Calendar App on Mac
- For Mac users, Google Calendar integrates with your desktop very easily
- Open the Calendar app and then click ‘accounts’ in the pop-up that appears
- Select Google for your account
- Next, click ‘open browser’ when prompted
- Sign in to the Google account you’d like to have on your desktop
- Once you successfully connect to your Google account, another box will pop-up to prompt you to select the apps you want to use it ick receive a prompt to pick the apps you want to use for it. Check the box next to ‘calendar’ and any others you’d like
- That’s it! Click ‘done’