If you use Microsoft Outlook and have an iPhone, you might not realize these two calendar systems can easily be synced. It used to be a challenge to sync all your calendars in one place. You might have had to check one calendar for work events, another for personal, and you wouldn’t be able to automatically add them all to your smartphone calendar! With so many people relying on their phones these days, most companies have come up with ways to integrate with popular cell phone operating systems. Outlook can now easily sync up with your iPhone.
Having all of your events and appointments on your phone is one of the easiest ways to stay organized. Stay on top of your schedule even when you’re on the go by syncing your Outlook Calendar with the calendar on your iPhone.
Sync Your Microsoft Outlook Calendar With Your Apple Calendar
For iOS users with iPads or iPhones, the following steps will link your Microsoft Outlook Calendar to your Apple Calendar. Once you’ve followed the steps your accounts will be linked. You’ll be able to view Outlook events in your iCloud Calendar, new events will automatically show up, and you’ll see any alterations to events — even if you make the changes on Outlook!
- On your iPhone or iPad, navigate to ‘Settings’, then select ‘Passwords & Accounts’ (or select ‘Calendar’ if you don’t have the ‘Passwords & Accounts’ option).
- Click ‘Account/s’ then select ‘Add Account’.
- Choose the ‘Outlook.com’ option.
- Fill in your email address and password as prompted, clicking ‘Next’ to sign in.
- Once you’ve signed in to your account, you’ll want to switch the ‘Calendars’ toggle to on. It will show green when activated. This enables calendar syncing with your device. If you’d like to sync ‘Mail’ and ‘Contacts’ as well you can toggle those switches on.
- Then click ‘Save’ in the top right corner to finish. Your calendar will then begin syncing.
- Once the calendar has finished syncing, open the Apple Calendar app and view all of your events, meetings, deadlines, and appointments.
- Any events added or changed in your Outlook account will now immediately update in your iCloud Calendar!
By adding your Outlook calendar to your iPhone calendar, you can get reminders and alerts whether you’re at home or on the go. It’s a great way to stay organized and on top of work and your personal life. Only needing to look in one place to see all your events, meetings, and appointments makes it much easier to avoid double booking, missing important meetings, and more. A centralized calendar can also make it easier to find time for important meetings.
Next time you need to plan a meeting, let us show you how easy scheduling can be. One click is all it takes with Skedgit! Let us show you how it works, and start a free trial today.