Calendars are supposed to help you keep meetings, deadlines, and events straight. However, if you have multiple calendars that don’t sync, it’s likely you’ll end up double booking meetings, missing important project deadlines, and generally making your life more complicated. The best way to avoid these issues is to make sure your calendars are all compatible, and then link them so that they automatically update. It’s easy to link your Google to Apple iCloud Calendar, so follow the steps below and keep your schedule organized!
How to Set up Google Calendars in Apple Calendar
If you own an iOS device such as an iPad or iPhone, these steps will help you to link your Google Calendar to your Apple Calendar. Following these steps will set your accounts up so that they automatically synchronize and you can view all Google events in your iCloud Calendar.
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to ‘Settings’, then select ‘Passwords & Accounts’. If you don’t see the Passwords & Accounts option, you’ll want to select ‘Calendar’.
- Click ‘Account/s’ then select ‘Add Account’.
- Choose the ‘Google’ option.
- You’ll then be prompted to log in to your Google Account. Simply fill in your email address and password and click ‘Next’.
- Then, once you’re in your account, you’ll want to switch the ‘Calendars’ toggle to on. It will show green when activated. If you’d like to sync ‘Mail’ and ‘Contacts’ you can toggle those switches on as well.
- Then click ‘Save’ in the top right corner to finish. Your calendar will then begin syncing.
- Once the calendar has finished syncing, open the Apple Calendar app and view all of your events, meetings, deadlines, and appointments.
- Any events added to your Google calendar will now be added to your iCloud Calendar!
You can also add your Google Calendar to your phone by downloading the Google Calendar app. This is a separate app from Gmail and, once downloaded, will allow you to add multiple Google Calendars to your app. These calendars will automatically sync on your phone, even if you make changes through Gmail on your desktop. However, if you have events that are in your iCloud it can be helpful to follow the steps above, and keep everything listed in one place!
Keeping your calendars straight can be a huge step towards staying organized. Luckily, Google Calendar and Apple iCloud Calendar are easy to sync to one another! Want to make your life even easier? Add Skedgit to your meeting and event planning system. The smart software checks your calendar for open time slots and automatically schedules the best meeting time for you and all other attendees. Let us show you how it works, and start a free trial today.